Colonel By Day schedule changes
Posted on July 26, 2012
Ottawa – The City of Ottawa reminds residents of the following schedule changes for Colonel By Day (Monday, August 6).
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, August 7.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, August 7.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call (TTY: 613-580-2401).
Garbage and recycling:
- There will be no curb side green bin, recycling, or garbage collection. Monday’s pickup will take place on Tuesday, August 7. In addition, the collection of garbage, green bin, leaf and yard waste and recycling materials will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- There will be no multi-residential recycling container collection. Monday’s pickup will take place on Tuesday, August 7. Multi-residential recycling collection will also be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. However, multi-residential garbage container collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of August 6.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be closed.
- OC Transpo will operate a Sunday schedule, with extra service added to routes 8, 94, 95 and 105. Call 613- 560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
- OC Transpo Sales and Information Centres will be closed, with the exception of the Rideau Centre office, which will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The OC Transpo Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The OC Transpo Customer Relations Department (613-842-3600) will be closed.
- Some outdoor pools, indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, and fitness classes with modified schedules. Please check with ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- All beaches, splash pads and some wading pools will be open, weather permitting.
- Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled, however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health:
- Ottawa Public Health Information Line (OPHIL) and AIDS line – closed
- Sexual Health Centre and clinics are closed; however, the Site mobile van will be operating on a regular schedule from 5 p.m.to 11:30 p.m.
- Dental Clinics – Closed
- Well Baby Drop-in – Closed
- Most programming at arts centres, archives, galleries, theatres and museums will not be offered, however, clients should check ottawa.ca or their facility to confirm, as some exceptions may apply.
Municipal child care services:
- City-operated Child Care Centres will be closed.
Ottawa Public Library:
All branches, departments and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, August 7