Ottawa – Nightly ramp closures at Highway 417 and Pinecrest Road begin Sunday, July 5. Both eastbound on-ramps will close at 9 p.m. and open the following morning by 5 a.m.
The on-ramp for motorists approaching northbound from Greenbank Road will be closed nightly for four weeks. The on-ramp for motorists approaching southbound from Pinecrest Road will only be closed two nights, July 5 and July 6.
These closures are necessary as part of the Ministry of Transportation’s widening of this section of Highway 417 between Pinecrest Road and the Southwest Transitway.
With all of the construction-related activities underway, residents are encouraged to be flexible with commuting times, stagger work hours or use alternative means for travel. The public is asked to consider options such as transit, walking, cycling or carpooling.
The City of Ottawa has tools to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute, including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real-time construction and traffic information.
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cams throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras along Highway 417
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city
Further details and other information about this project are available on the MTO website.
- 30 -
For more information: