I am very pleased to let residents know that, starting today they can apply for OC Transpo's new EquiPass. Ottawa is a community where we care for one another and the EquiPass will enable many Ottawa residents to access a more affordable transit option. Please see below for more details:
For immediate release:
March 10, 2017
OC Transpo EquiPass application launches today
Ottawa – The application form for OC Transpo’s new EquiPass – an affordable monthly transit pass that provides a lower-priced transit option for those who live on low incomes – is now available.
The EquiPass is priced at $57 per month, a 50 per cent discount from the adult monthly pass, and will be available for use starting April 1, 2017. It is available to individuals and families whose income is below the low-income threshold, which is set by the Government of Canada.
There are three steps to follow to get an EquiPass.
Step 1 – Apply
Application forms must be filled out and submitted for processing. You can get an EquiPass application form:
- Online at octranspo.com
- By mail – Call 613-741-4390 (TTY 613-741-5280) to request a copy
- In person at various locations across Ottawa including:
- OC Transpo Customer Service Centres (Lincoln Fields, Rideau Centre, St-Laurent, Place d’Orléans, and 925 Belfast Road)
- City of Ottawa Client Service Centres
- City of Ottawa Public Libraries
- City of Ottawa Community and Social Support Centres
- Community Health and Resource Centres
For a full list of locations, visit octranspo.com.
You can only submit your application form:
- In person at an OC Transpo Customer Service Centre, City of Ottawa Client Service Centre or Community and Social Support Centre, and the Greenboro and Centennial branches of the City of Ottawa Public Library
- By mail to:
Attn: EquiPass Applications
925 Belfast Road
Ottawa, ON K1G 0Z4
Applicants will receive a letter advising them of the status of their application within three weeks.
Here's a map of locations you can submit your application to:
Step 2 – Set your discount
Bring your approval letter to any OC Transpo Customer Service Centre. A Customer Service Representative will set the EquiPass discount on a registered Presto card. If you don’t already have a Presto card, you’ll need to buy one for $6.
Step 3 – Buy
Purchase your monthly EquiPass:
- Online at prestocard.ca, or by phone at 1-877-378-6123 (TTY 7-1-1)
- In person at an OC Transpo Customer Service Centre, or at select City of Ottawa Client Service Centres
You can also set up an AutoRenew contract, where your EquiPass will load automatically each month. More information on AutoRenew is available on prestocard.ca.
The EquiPass is not transferable and can only be used by the approved customer on the registered Presto card.
Approval times and expiry dates
- There may be extended approval times at the launch of the program, depending on the number of applications received
- Customers who qualify will receive their discount based on the date the application is received
- If you haven’t heard back within three weeks of applying for the EquiPass, you can check on the status of your application by emailing OC Transpo at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 613-741-4390 (TTY 613-741-5280)
- Your EquiPass discount will have an expiry date, which will be listed in the approval letter. You can also check the date online on your Presto account, or in person at an OC Transpo Customer Service Centre.
- Expiry dates will be between one and two years based on eligibility. You’ll need to reapply for the EquiPass before it expires in order to continue receiving the discount.
The EquiPass is not available to certain individuals for the following reasons:
- Their income is above the low-income cut-off threshold
- They are already receiving transportation benefits from another public source
- They qualify for a Seniors 65+ Pass, Community Pass or U-Pass
For more information on EquiPass, please visit octranspo.com.
- 30 -
For more information: