Giving parents the ability to have a carefree library visit on foot with their strollers.
Fullfilling a commitment to carlingwood area parents I made last year we will be making the following improvements to the Carlingwood branch of the library from March 29 through April 8, 2016
A covered canopy area will be constructed for temporary outdoor stroller parking. Weather resistant and offering the ability to lock up strollers we hope to address the concerns of parents who had difficulty navigating the library with large strollers, could find no place to secure them safely, as well as library staff who struggled with keeping areas clean - particularly on days when wet/dirty tires brought in mess.
Here are some additional points to be aware of:
• The regular public entrance to the Carlingwood Branch of the Ottawa Public Library will not be accessible from Tuesday, March 29 to Friday April 8, 2016 inclusive, while improvements are being made.
• The Library will maintain regular branch hours during the improvement period.
• The alternative entrance is located off the parking lot but it is not wheelchair accessible.
• The nearest wheelchair accessible locations are the Emerald Plaza (1547 Merivale) and Nepean Centrepointe (101 Centrepointe) branches.
• The book drop will be available during the improvement period.
• The parking lot will be available during the improvement period.
• Following improvements, Carlingwood branch will have a covered stroller parking area available. Parents/guardians will have the option to lock their stroller outside as they would a bicycle.
Please feel free to contact your office with any concerns.
Do you like this post?